Wednesday 10 February 2010

hanging out with Brazilians

Turns out there is a massive affinity between Moroccans and Brazilians. For the past few days I've been hanging out with Brasileiras most of the non-class time, and here is an example of our conversations:

Hola,
tudo bem aí?
Estamos em Rosário e aqui é bem gostoso, calmo... Estamos rindo muito das comidas vegetarianas daqui, creo que no te gusta!!!
Que tal você me esperar para jantarmos(cenar) juntos amanhã? Chego no fim do dia,
Beijos,
Fernanda

To which I answer:

Hola,
me voy a mi nuevo departamento mañana a las 8 o 9 de la noche, en San Telmo. Quieren venir o encontrarme despues para cenar en el barrio? o en mi departamento? que penses?

cuando llegas al hostel mañana? espero salir a approximente las 8 de la noche. si llegas despues, llamame, mi numero aqui es 11 3912 8117.

besos
fot

Isn't it beautiful? The reason she's talking about vegetarian food is that one of the girls is a vegetarian and drives us crazy when finding restaurants, to the extent that two nights ago I caught a stomach bug and puked all night because of a dodgy Greek salad with dodgy fucking shady ingredients. I've had dirty or raw food in my life, but organic vegetarian greek salads I can't deal with.

Anyways, it's been like this for the past few days, a bit of portu-nish from them and franspanish from me and we can have all the socio-politico-gastronomico-sexuo-comical discussions in the world. Going to Brazil after tomorrow btw, for Carnaval, with Be Moraes. Mmmmmm.

FOT

FOt

No comments:

Post a Comment